We are contracted providers with:
- Premera, Anthem, BCBS, Regence
- United Healthcare
- Pacific Source
(We are NOT in-network with: Aetna, Kaiser, Providence, Lifewise, First Choice Health, and Molina. They may have out-of-network benefits. We accept Care Oregon)
Out-of-network billing is available.
Not all insurance plans cover nutrition, but many do. We encourage families to call their insurance company and ask if they have benefits for nutrition counseling, CPT code 97802/97803. Ask if there are any restricted diagnoses, if you have a deductible to meet before insurance coverage and if a referral is required. Ultimately it’s up to the client to know their plan’s benefits and be responsible for payment. Click here for an instruction sheet on verifying benefits. Notice: Your Right to a Good Faith Estimate.
Nutrition Therapy Fees:
If you want NWPF Nutrition to bill your insurance, they will be billed at the contracted rate.
Self-pay rate (at the time of service, 20-30% below contracted rate):
Initial Consultation/Virtual/Office (60 minutes): $180
At this session, we will review medical records and intake forms received, conduct a more detailed interview to get to know you or your child’s nutrition needs, and provide initial recommendations along with sending assessment to medical providers.
Family Session (75 minutes): $200
This session is for a family where two or more individuals in the family have similar nutrition goals they want to discuss. Book this session if everyone lives together and eats most meals together.
- Regular Follow-up: 50-55 minutes: $125
- Follow-up Brief: 25-30 minutes: $75 (Reserved for established clients that require more frequent shorter visits).
Self-pay packages available for additional savings, please ask.
MRT testing sold as a package with LEAP nutrition consults, please contact me or set up a phone consult to discuss if MRT testing + LEAP can help you.
Spectracell Micronutrient Testing:
This comprehensive blood test will analyze 35 vitamins, minerals, amino acids and fatty acids at the cell level vs. blood serum level to provide the most accurate information on nutrient levels at the cell. This test is ideal for ADHD, Pre-conception, PCOS, ARFID, Migraines, Anxiety/Depression, Chronic fatigue and any other condition where micronutrient deficiencies are likely. The price shown reflects client’s cost (co-pay) when billed to insurance. It doesn’t include the cost of Initial Nutrition Consultation and follow-up visit to review results and provide a treatment plan.
- All fees are payable at the time of the session unless other arrangements have been made. A credit card will be held on file and charged the day of service.
- If we are billing insurance and the claim goes toward the deductible, the client is responsible for the rate that goes toward the deductible.
- For an appointment canceled less than 48 hours in advance, there is a $50 fee not payable by insurance, which must be paid before scheduling your next appointment. For appointments missed or canceled the day of the appointment, there is a $100 fee. This policy is in place to ensure that clients needing to be seen can be since it is difficult to fill spots with short notice and that the dietitians on the team have a reliable income since we can’t bill insurance for a late cancel.
- NW Pediatric and Family Nutrition follows Portland Public School snow day policy. If school is closed, NW Pediatric and Family Nutrition will be closed and appointments rescheduled unless other arrangements had been made.